No Axxess ASWC-1 Needed

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Contra

No Axxess ASWC-1 Needed

Postby Contra » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:34 pm

If you haveone of these units
you probably don't need Axxess ASWC-1

I bought one and tried to get it to work to no avail, I just ran pin #6 (gray/red) of the vehicles harness and pin #16 white/green to "key1" and "key2" on my radio and it recognized the voltage, I then told the HU what it needed to control and it is that simple
YES...it even works for phone answer/activate and hang-up
I also grounded pin #15

do these 3 steps and all is good (for a 2017 Nissan Frontier)
just go to Axxess website and find out the bluetooth leads on the year vehicle you have and run leads to it

but either way you don't need to use an Axxess ASWC-1 in conjunction with an Android HU the HU can accept the voltage and assign whatever you want...I guess I wasted my money...lol

I bought two Metra harness so I could removed extra pins from one as not to have to cut or tap into the OEM harness

here is a short video

and here is the OEM harness as you look at it after you disconnect the factory radio (2017 Nissan Frontier)

If you have a different year/vehicle... but an Android HU

go to the Axxess site and look up ASWC-1 and look for the proper lines to hook up to for bluetooth but DON"T buy the AXXESS ASWC-1 (I will keep mine in the junk drawer)

as I guess I learned tonight...

In closing I beleive the Unit (and probably all Android units like these)
do NOT need anything like an Axxess ASWC-1 or the PAC unit.

lastly I just need to buy a new dash bezel and fiber glass the front to make it close those gaps on the side

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”