Installation and basic questions of Pumpkin KD-W0338A

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

krabntas

Installation and basic questions of Pumpkin KD-W0338A

Postby krabntas » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi ,
I have a vw Passat car 2012 without a steer control function and i installed the pumpkin unit without the CAN bus decoder,
i have the following questions:

1- what is the function of the CAN bus decoder? do i need it to be installed with or not?
2- the unit keeps on even when i remove the car key from the ignition and lock the car? , the battery offcourse drained and i had to disconnect the system till i understand this power issue
3- how can i update the GPS maps?
4- the bluetooth doesnt automatically pair with my phone i have to go to bluetooth settings and click on pair manually each time i open the unit
5- do i need to update the software of the device? if yes how can this be done?
6- when i use the mobile phone the mic usually the other party says that the voice have background noise (not echo) and he cannot hear me well , is there a solution for this? or i must use the external mic for this?

Regards,
Ahmed

Jammy

Re: Installation and basic questions of Pumpkin KD-W0338A

Postby Jammy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:49 am

Hi,
1. The Can bus decoder is used for decoding the ACC signal from your car ,and it can support your original radio information, such as revere radar, reverse trajectory, door open display etc..
2. Please use the power cable with the Can bus decoder, then the unit will work as your original one.
3. Could you please tell us which map you got from us? Normally the maps don't support directly update from website.
4. This unit support to automatically pair the phone, please check the Bluetooth menu setting options. You can press the RST hole, then check it again.
5. You don't need to update the software, cause this unit is a wince unit, not like the android unit with the frequent update. And there is a risk of bringing other problem for the unit after updating when the unit works well originally.
6. This unit has the built in internal mic, you can choose to plug the external mic when the other person cannot hear you well.
Regards

krabntas

Postby krabntas » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi Thanks Alot for the reply , I connected it to the CAN bus and everything looks fine now :=)

i still need your help on the below points

3. I dnno which map , how can i identify this?
6. is there any good kind of external mic can you reccomend? do you have your own one , with echo/noise cancellation ? , do i need to do anything other than just connecting the cable to the MIC extension on the back ?

I have as well another question

7. the Radio signal is very weak and usually it disconnects easily , however this is not the case on the original one , there are two plugs I have for the radio jack. I used one of them and i have sound but the quality is very bad? and have some noise on the background? , do you have any idea what could be the reason for this?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:43 am

Hi,
3. We have European maps and American maps, you just need to tell us where you come from.
6. There is not any other kind of external mic, cause the special connector to the back of the unit. Sorry about this, you can try to put the external mic near to your mouth, this will improve the sound from your side to the other person.
7. For the radio signal, it's a little normal there are some noise caused by other factors, we can send you a radio signal booster, please contact our customer service, or tell me your order number/ebay buyer ID.
Regards

krabntas

Postby krabntas » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 am

Hi, THANKS ALOT for your update!
3. Germany :) so europe
7. Please find Amazon order ID 305/0632684/5587530 *Shipping address will differ as i moved to a new address in same City

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:01 am

Hi,
For the European maps, here is the link for you.
https://mega.nz/#!hE1HiDAQ!CIaCQCUqTPd1 ... tDTNMEepuw
For the radio booster adapter, please tell us your new address via Private message, or you can directly contact our amazon customer service and leave this forum link for better understanding.
Waiting for your quick reply.
Regards

krabntas

Postby krabntas » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Jammy,
I would thank you for all your support and everything however:
6. MIC issue again, i bought two external microphones and connected them ( as well tested them before) to the back plug of the device.. however the quality is still too bad! The other side hears too much noise and can barely hear me! I tried everything so putting mic infront of my mouth closing windows doors and everything, its still very bad quality! And more over i think the external mic is nOt working and i am still using the internal ones.. is there a way to disable this internal one and make sure i use the external ones? , i am just too bothered now with the situation the main feature i really needed is not usable properly.. ? Thanks to advice?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:02 am

Hi,
For the mic issue, sorry, there is not a way to disable the internal one, this is the lack of consideration design, or it's difficult to make it available.
I think the mic cable come with the unit may have problem, we can send a new one to you to check.
If you agree, we can arrange to send it to you.
Sorry for the bad experience of the external mic brought to you.
Regards

krabntas

Postby krabntas » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:12 am

Hi

I dont understand it so, Both of them will be working on same time? Even if i changed the cable? How is that possible?

I need urgent support on this! This is really crucial point!

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:52 am

Hi,
The external and the internal mic work at the same time, even if you changed the cable.
Before you get a efficient solution, please don't use the external mic.
If you want to get the new external cable to try, we can send it to you tomorrow.
Waiting for your confirmation.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”