DAB+ box (SKU: 13-Y0251-US-A) connector type?

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

cyberkul

DAB+ box (SKU: 13-Y0251-US-A) connector type?

Postby cyberkul » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi!
I`m interested in purchasing , and [utl=http://www.autopumpkin.com/pumpkin-external-dab-digital-radio-tuner-for-android-car-radio.html/] this DAB- box[/url]. It is difficult to see which cables and adapters I need to get. What type of connector does the DAB-box have? From the picture it looks like SMB female, but I`m not sure. Also, does it output phantom power for the antenna? I have the same question for the head unit. Does it output phantom power for the antenna? I plan to use an active roof antenna, and if the head unit doesn`t output phantom power I need an adapter. Or maybe use an antenna with external wire for power. Then I have to run an extra wire under the head liner in the car. The car is a Skoda Octavia II 2007. It has already an active FM/AM/GPS-antenna, and there are two existing cables that I maybe can reuse. The connectors in the antenna end of the cables are RAKU2 female for AM/FM, and FME female for GPS. In the head unit end the connectors are white FAKRA for AM/FM, and blue FAKRA for GPS.

What do you think would be the best way to connect the DAB-box and head unit to the antenna?

Jammy

Re: DAB+ box (SKU: 13-Y0251-US-A) connector type?

Postby Jammy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 am

Hi,
I can't open the link of "this head unit",please check it.
For the DAB problem,we suggest you the antenna it contains,because this way is convenient for you and you don't need to consider the connect issue.The follow is a link of how to install DAB.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=290
The DAB antenna has 5V power supplied from the DAB box.Sorry,we don't understand the phantom power .
Regard

cyberkul

Postby cyberkul » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:08 am

. With phantom power I mean if the head unit can output 12V power to the roof antenna? If not I need to order an adapter with external 12V power. The same with the DAB-box, but I probably have to wait until the DAB-box arrives, since I don`t know which connector it has. Maybe you can post a picture of the DAB-box that show the antenna connector?

Regards, Gunnar

cyberkul

Postby cyberkul » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:52 am

[quote="cyberkul"]Hi!
I`m interested in purchasing , and

Corrected the links...

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 am

Hi,
the unit only provide 12V power to the DAB box and it can work as it should.
Could you tell us why you need 12V power to the antenna?
Here is the picture you maybe need.
A5DC34B5B033BF742F026117D97AABBE.jpg
A5DC34B5B033BF742F026117D97AABBE.jpg (103.24 KiB) Viewed 3816 times

Regards

cyberkul

Postby cyberkul » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks! It looks like MCX female on the DAB+ box. Now I`m able to get the correct adapter cable :-)

I need 12V for the active roof antenna. The antenna can use phantom power from the head unit (12V injected on the head unit antenna connector), but it also have a separate wire for 12V, so I think it will work anyway. At least I hope so, since I have already ordered the head unit, DAB+ box, reverse camera and ODB2 :-)

I will use the enclosed window antenna with the DAB+ box first to check that everything works, but later I want to use a better roof antenna to get better DAB+ coverage. The original roof antenna doesn`t have DAB, only FM/AM and GPS.

cdow@btinternet.com

Postby cdow@btinternet.com » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi - did you establish if this is in fact MCX female and did you get it working with an adapter and roof antenna?

cyberkul

Postby cyberkul » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:35 am

Hi!
Yes, it`s MCX female. I used a DC-block to block the 5V from the DAB+ receiver. I use a separate 12V wire from the head unit (blue) to power the roof antenna. The signal is strong from the roof antenna, but suddenly the receptions stops. If I reset the DAB+ app, and restarts the receptions starts again. I don`t know what the problem is. I don`t think it has anything to do with the antenna, but I can`t be sure. To be sure I probably have to remove the head unit (again..) and try the original window antenna.

cyberkul

Postby cyberkul » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Seems that the DAB+ problem was the USB cable. I attach a picture of the converters used to connect the original blue FAKRA connector to the DAB+
receiver. First there is a MCX to SMA converter, then a SMA to SMA DC-block. Then a SMA to FAKRA converter. I think the DC-block is necessary, as the DAB+ receiver output 5V to the original antenna, and the roof antenna needs 12V. The roof antenna gets 12V from the blue 12V wire from the head unit via an extra wire. I use the original antenna cable that was used for GPS. After testing that everything worked I used some hot melt glue to secure the converters to the antenna and the DAB+ receiver [attachment=0]dab cable converters.jpg[/attachment ]
Attachments
dab cable converters.jpg
dab cable converters.jpg (361.42 KiB) Viewed 3435 times

gozilla

Postby gozilla » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:14 pm

The reception of the DAB + loop antenna is not great.
Would also like to use the roof antenna for DAB + radio reception.
I also have the same DAB + receiver.
What is the part number or type of the DC blocker used by you?
And of the other connectors that you used?
Link maybe as possible or a drawing how you have everything connected.
Is the existing phantom antenna amplifier connected for the FM reception?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”