Unit reboots when I start my engine

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Betty_Swallocks

Unit reboots when I start my engine

Postby Betty_Swallocks » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:12 am

The fast start feature on my Android head unit (CN01-02204B-02A) works fine, as in when I turn on the ignition it starts up straightaway.

However this is rendered pointless when I actually start my engine as this causes the unit to reboot and go through the whole cold start process.

Is this normal? Should it reboot itself like this? If so I don't see the point of having the fast start feature at all.

Jammy

Re: Unit reboots when I start my engine

Postby Jammy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:12 am

Hi,
sorry for my bad english, i don't understand your query well.
i thought turning on the ignition means actually starting your engine ,isn't it.If you don't mind ,we hope you can show us an video,so that i can understand it directly and give you the positive solution.
Regards

Betty_Swallocks

Postby Betty_Swallocks » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:30 pm

What I mean is that I turn the key to the ACC position and the stereo comes on immediately. I then turn the key to the ignition position and press the starter button and my Pumpkin restarts.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:00 am

Hi,
I guess there is no enough current from the battery when you put the key to the ignition position.
For the next solution ,you can contact the customer service where you bought the unit or directly write post to support@autopumpkin.com .
Regards

Betty_Swallocks

Postby Betty_Swallocks » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:06 am

Yes, I think you're right. When I press the starter button the Pumpkin unit totally powers off and restarts.
I have found a way round it though. If I power off the unit when I turn off the car and then turn it on after I've started the engine it fast starts as expected.
It is obviously a shortcoming of my car. It's a 28 year old MX5 so I guess the electrics aren't as good as a modern car.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”