Few issues with Android 8.0 Octacore

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CW06

Few issues with Android 8.0 Octacore

Postby CW06 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:07 am

Hi there, I've had my new Android 8.0 Pumpkin radio for around a month now and it's a superb piece of kit, but I am experiencing a few issues / snags that I would like to be sorted if possible (Model is here: https://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/pumpkin-a ... tooth.html)

1.) When the radio is on I'm getting quite bad interference/static noise regardless whether the engine is on or not (I originally thought it could be the alternator that's causing interference). This noise disappears as soon as the radio is turned off, I have read online this could be caused by the aerial but the previous radio didn't have this issue - possibly an earthing problem on the radio itself? Here is a link to the issues, first video of the speaker is the noise i'm referring to: https://photos.app.goo.gl/37Q756EMJ3gp8JpN2

2.) Steering wheel controls - When I get in my car to begin with, these work absolutely perfect and work brilliantly, however sometimes after around 30-45 minutes of driving, they will stop working completely. I have seen a post Pumpkin published that shows taking the radio apart and soldering some points together, but I don't want to be doing this as if it goes wrong who pays to sort the radio out? Is there any way around this or is soldering it the only way?

3.) Home screen - not a massive issue (see video 2 on the shared album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/37Q756EMJ3gp8JpN2) but whenever I turn my radio on it opens on the bluetooth screen by default, is it possible to change the default opening screen?

Many thanks

Jammy

Re: Few issues with Android 8.0 Octacore

Postby Jammy » Wed May 23, 2018 10:01 am

Hi,
1.about the noise issue, i suggest you try to disconnect the OBD and bluetooth ,and reboot the unit.
2.about the steering wheel control issue,yes ,it is the only way.Because only little part of vehicle might suffer this issue,so we didn't change it before sending the unit out.Hope your kind understandings.
Regards

CW06

Postby CW06 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu May 24, 2018 10:23 am

Hi,
1.sorry it is hard to find your issue. You can try to add an filter to your power cable .
0525.png
0525.png (814.79 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

3.this unit support fast boot function and the unit will start to the last program you were using while you turn off the unit.
More query,you can contact our pumpkin customer service or directly write to support@autopumpkin.com for further help .
Regards

CraigR

Postby CraigR » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:23 pm

Same issue with mine. even after the radio is off or never turned on I get static through the speakers. On the 3 radio now from Pumpkin and not taking it out again and sending it back as it was a MAJOR PAIN! and took 3 months. I think it might be my stock amp still getting power from the radio???

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”