Purpose of the "key study" App

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rabe65

Purpose of the "key study" App

Postby rabe65 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:47 pm

On the RQ0367 (Android 5.1.1) I have the so-calles key study app pre-installed. As I was looking for ways to change the use of the hardware buttons I was playing around with it, as it displays the text "Press side button or steering wheel button". However, I cannot see any changes resulting from interacting with this app. The app does not react when pressing the hardware buttons (=side button?) on the device.

Jammy

Re: Purpose of the "key study" App

Postby Jammy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:28 am

Hi, I have to kindly remind you, this unit does not support to change the use of the hardware buttons, except for the Navi button, you can go to the Settings--GPS--GPS application option to set other apps use when you press the Navi button on the front panel of the unit.
And we suggest our client not change the factory settings or other factory default, cause it may bring some other problem which hardly to be solved.
Regards

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:55 am

I am aware of the possibility to change the App started when pressing the GPS-Button. The "key study app" is NOT part of the factory settings (I did not change those), but it is a regular Android App that was pre-installed on the device. I did not find any information about this app in any of the forums I searched. Thus I think that this is a new app. As it sais "Press side button or steering wheel button", my impression was that this is a NEW possibility to also change the other buttons, not just the GPS button. Does anybody have information about the purpose of this app?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:30 am

Hi, you must misunderstood the "key study" app.
Actually it's used for your original steering wheel control based on analog resistance signal.
It does not matter with the hard button which come from the factory default design.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”