Problem with Audi A3 CANBUS adapter?

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
urbang33k

Problem with Audi A3 CANBUS adapter?

Postby urbang33k » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi.

I seem to be having an issue with the 1-RQ1221E-US-A. I can't get the unit to switch to rear view mode for backup camera. This feature has never worked.

So far I have:

Verified my camera works by plugging it into my laptop and received video signal. - OK

Used VCDS diagnostic software to verify the CANBUS in the car is sending the 'reverse' signal on the CANBUS network. - OK

Tried every combination of settings in Factory Setting (access code 126) -> OTHER - 'Reversing switch' - no effect.

Tried every combination of setting in Factory setting -> Application -> CANBUS. None of the VW/AUDI specific settings make any difference. - No Effect

My conclusion is that it must be either the Headunit or the provided CANBUS adapter doesn't work properly?

Possibly related? :

My steering wheel buttons only work if Factory Setting -> application -> CANBUS is set to 'none' . My steering wheel buttons do NOT work if I select any option in CANBUS.

I have tried to install latest firmware to head unit.

MTCC-KLD6-V2.97
kernel: 3.0.101+

Build number rk3188 11102016

TO BE CLEAR: There is ZERO response from headunit when I put car into reverse - engine ON or OFF there is no difference. The screen on the 1-RQ1221E-US-A does NOT change.

Jammy

Re: Problem with Audi A3 CANBUS adapter?

Postby Jammy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:30 am

Hi,
The canbus option in the factory settings page is set to no originally.It doesn't matter.
In the factory setting page, un-check the reverse switch option means turn on the reversing function.After you change the parameters ,you need to reboot the unit so that the changes can take effect.
For the reversing problem,i need to confirm you mean the unit can't switch to reverse mode or it can but just get a black screen.
Regards

urbang33k

Postby urbang33k » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:57 pm

thanks for your reply jammy.

I have tried both on and off setting of reverse switch. does not help.

Answer to your question. The unit does NOT show black screen.

Jammy, on the main connector for the headunit, there is an orange wire, and an orange/black wire. which wire is the reverse trigger? does this trigger require 12vdc or GRND? I can test this quite easy.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:28 am

Hi,
For the reverse problem,it is caused by the canbus. The orange/black wire is the reverse wire.
You can do refer following picture.
QQ截图20170620162406.png
QQ截图20170620162406.png (471.85 KiB) Viewed 3330 times

Regards.

urbang33k

Postby urbang33k » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:52 pm

So just to update this thread.

I have tried rewiring as per your instructions Jammy and the reverse camera now works. I also added a relay to power the camera, as a preemptively.

So that's good.

I guess the problem lies with the canbus adapter supplied, but I will confirm this in the coming weeks. I have ordered a third party canbus adapter to test this. I am doing this in an attempt to fix a different problem. I want to be able to use the radio during 'key in' state on the canbus network, but NOT require 'ignition - on'. The third party adapter claims to be able to do this. We will find out soon enough and I will post back with the results in a week or two.

Thank you for your time Jammy

nloupet

Postby nloupet » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”