Display very dark when car light is on

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

namcomp

Re: Display very dark when car light is on

Postby namcomp » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:26 pm

from witch version to witch version is this update?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:01 am

Hi,
I don't know the system version on your unit, you can go to Settings--about device--version info to check it.
The update version from the factory is 20160805, just shows like the below picture.
1.png
1.png (91.33 KiB) Viewed 2100 times

Regards

uudruid74

Postby uudruid74 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:31 am

All you have to do is cut the illumination wire between your car and the head unit. The unit will never know you turned on your lights. Personally, I installed a switch (in my ash tray) that does this. I normally want the display dimmed at night, but if its raining during the day, I just turn on my lights and then turn off the switch so the unit doesn't know!

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi Jammy,
this update does not work with my device. Installing the update causes the device to crash. The install procedure seem to work but when the device reboots after the installation, it hangs. Only pressing RESET reactivates it, but then there is no updated version number. There is no improvement of the display brightness (which is not surprising as the update does not seem to get installed).
However, the update caused a problem with my navigation software which is not able any more to access the GPS-SD card holding the navigon maps. I tried re-installung the update you send me before under this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=712&e=1&view=unread#unread, but this does not solve the issue with navigon.

Did you send me the wrong update link?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:27 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.
The update firmware link is right fro your unit.
I don't know if you download the firmware completely and install it successfully.
Please double check the process and try to install it again.
The firmware version should be 05082016.
Regards

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi,
I just recognized that the udate you provided me to solve this issue (display to dark when headlights are swithed on) is extactly the same one you provided me a couple of days before to solve the ODB2 reboot issues ( see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=712).
It is firmware version 05082016, which I already had.
Unsuprisingly, this does not solve my problem with the display being too dark, i.e. nearly unreadable during the day.
Is there no other way to increase display brightness?

Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:32 am

Attachments
1.png
1.png (792.66 KiB) Viewed 2058 times

rabe65

Postby rabe65 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Hello,
as I already wrote, this firmware cannot increase the brightness for my device, as it is the same software as I was using before.

You propose that I open the device and adjust the potentiometer. I am suffiently skilled to do so. But can you please confirm officially for pumpkin that the warranity for the device is affected if I open the device, which results in breaking the seal.

Thanks and Regards!

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:19 am

Hi,
Normally when the client open the unit under our suggestion, the warranty is still valid, please don't worry.
You just need slightly adjust the potentimeter to check the screen brightness, not making the screen become distorted.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”