Questions about 6.0 for VW (SKU: 27-AQVW71-UK-A)

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
yiannisd1

Questions about 6.0 for VW (SKU: 27-AQVW71-UK-A)

Postby yiannisd1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi!

I installed yesterday the Android 6.0 (SKU: 27-AQVW71-UK-A) on my VW Golf, mk6 2009 car (order 100001594). Everything runs perfect.
I got few questions, which I would like some answers:

1) There are 2 cables one labeled "Earth wire of steering wheel" and another labeled "KAY-A". Where do I connect these two ?

2) I had on my previous car the 6.95 model ( KD-C0224). On that I had the 3G Android which I bough from you. On the 6.95 unit, the connection was done in 1-2 minutes. Now on the new headunit the connection is established after 5 minutes or longer !

3) I have aftermarket parking sensors installed (NOT on CAN bus). Can I integrate to the system ?

4) On the package you had a ISO to signle fakra adaptor.
My car has TWIN Fakra. In order to have both AM and FM, I need to buy special adapter, as the one u had inside only connects to one of the two.
I had to buy this. I feel you have to refund me the cost, as you didnt mentioned anything about that !!!
(9.49 + 1.99 shipping = 11.48 Pounds GBP)
--> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381698145436

4) Can I connect USB OBDII ? (No Bluetooth/No Wireless)

Jammy

Re: Questions about 6.0 for VW (SKU: 27-AQVW71-UK-A)

Postby Jammy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:54 am

Hi,
1) You don't need to use the cables "Earth wire of steering wheel" and "KAY-A", this power cable is just plug and play.
2). About the 3G android modem, could you please press the RST hole to reboot the unit, then try to connect the 3G modem again to check?
3). Our unit can support the original parking sensor, but it does not support to work with after market parking sensor.
4). The factory said that the unit just need a single fakra adapter to connect the VW original fakra port, cause some car have the Twin fakra, and the others have the separate double fakra. And when you use the single fakra adapter, the unit can still get the well radio signal. If you want to get the twin fakra, we can send it to you.
5) This unit does not support to connect the USB OBD2, you can buy a Bluetooth OBD2 from us. Here is the link for your reference.
http://www.autopumpkin.com/new-mini-obd ... y0004.html
More question about the special adapter refund and the Bluetooth OBD2 purchase, please contact our autopumpkin customer service.
Regards

yiannisd1

Postby yiannisd1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:10 am

Hi

Regarding my item No 2....

I still have problem with my 3G modem. It takes 5-10 minutes to connect.
I tried on my computer and the connection was ready in 2 minutes !

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:35 am

Hi,
I have tested the 3G modem, at the first time, it takes about 5 minutes to show the 3G triangle signal bar and connect to internet.
The internet connection time has relation with your local WCDMA 3G signal and the status of the 3G antenna in the back of the unit.
And when the 3G modem with sim card connected at the first time, the unit will get the internet within 2 minutes.
Regards

damo

Postby damo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:36 am

Hallo Jammy,

i also have an Twin-Fakra. First i used the single-cable from you. But the quality of receiving was not good.

Now i used this adapter > http://www.ge-tectronic.de/onlineshop/p ... --din.html the receiving is better but not perfect like the original radio from vw.

The adapter i connect with the 12V with the cable Power ant enna from your radio - is that the correct cable?

thank you.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:48 am

Hi,
The adapter you used and the connection all don't have problem.
Just the aftermarket radio can hardly perform as well as the original one.
Regards

yiannisd1

Postby yiannisd1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:50 am

Sorry, I disagree.

With a good quality Diversity adapter, it can work the same. I had to buy an aftermarket as the one u had in the package had the worst reception !

damo

Postby damo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:13 pm

@yiannisd1 what adapter you use?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”