Can bus integration not complete with Android 6.0 radio for VW 27-AQVW71-DE-A

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Jammy

Re: Can bus integration not complete with Android 6.0 radio for VW 27-AQVW71-DE-A

Postby Jammy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:25 am

Hi,
Thanks for your detailed description about the radar.
You may understand now, the radar display way is just different to your original small screen.
That's not our unit or canbus problem, hope you can get used to it.
Regards

Keelhaul

Re: Can bus integration not complete with Android 6.0 radio for VW 27-AQVW71-DE-A

Postby Keelhaul » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi Klaus,

Where were you able to find a 27-AQVW71 for sale in Europe? Autopumpkin.de only offers 11-RQ0367E from what I've seen.

Have you been able to obtain and test a 11-RQ0367E? If so, how do the two units compare? I bought a 11-RQ0367E recently but only discovered the 27-AQVW71 today.

Pros and cons of 7-AQVW71 (judging by pics and description):
+ cleaner look (no open microSD or USB slots)
+ button descriptions seem less confusing compared to the 11-RQ0367E
+ buttons around the DVD slot look more true to the RCD-/RNS-510 original
+ Android 6.0 (any advantage here?)
- the product page says the 7-AQVW71 uses a 'Cortex A7' while the 11-RQ0367E product page speaks of a 'Cortex A9'... is that true?

Pros and cons 11-RQ0367E (from my experience so far):
+ all CAN bus functions worked out of the box
- My main issue with the unit is that I can't seem to find a way to download Google Play Music playlists to the SD card instead of the meager internal memory (the setting "Storage location" is missing in the GPM app when running on the 11-RQ0367E).

Aelfwine

Postby Aelfwine » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:07 pm

I have the 27-AQVW71-UK-A which was advertised as Android 6 but came with Android 4 and a promise to upgrade to 6 in a future update. This update never came and I have now been told the hardware will not support Android 6.

I have received a partial refund from Pumpkin as an apology.

That said, it is a nice system and it does look good in my VW, very much in the style of the OEM radio.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”