Adding extra cooling fans and heat sinks

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Wrillo

Adding extra cooling fans and heat sinks

Postby Wrillo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Hello, I just bought the PUMPKIN Android 8.0 Car Stereo. I live in a hot climate, and it is well known that heat kills electronics. Before I install my unit I would like to add fans or heat sinks to help keep it cold.

Can you please advice where to place heat sinks for maximum effectiveness, where are the heat producing chips mounted? On the left, right, top or bottom or back?

Or do you think adding a fan is better? Can you tell me where to cut open the case for adding a fan?

What type of cooling already exists, and how can I make it better? Thank you for your time.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”