Pumpkin 7" 1024*600 Touchscreen Android 4.4 Quad Core ( RQ0270)

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chrisstavrou

Pumpkin 7" 1024*600 Touchscreen Android 4.4 Quad Core ( RQ0270)

Postby chrisstavrou » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:57 am

Pumpkin 7" 1024*600 Touchscreen Android 4.4 Quad Core 1.6GHz DSP Car Stereo with RAM 2GB Support WIFI/3G Steering wheel control PIP
( RQ0270)

Hi all
I bought the unit mentioned above and below are my thoughts:

[*] Installation of the head unit was very straight forward and all connectivity with the steering wheel, backup camera, etc was very easy.
However,
the facial width is a bit larger than the 2 Din and I had to trim the fillers to fit (I installed it in a RAV4 2004).

[*] Sound is very good in general, treble, bass through speakers is very decent. Subwoofer output is a bit weak but still drives the amp within reasonable levels.

[*] Display quality is also very good, bright and clear for all hours of the day.

[*] OS behavior is excellent, fast with out any noticeable lags even when running a navigation app and listening to music at the same time.

[*] Bundled software is OK, tuner and music player are OK but i prefer PowerAmp as a music player.
However,
> The Bluetooth implementation is restricted only to the support of phone/contacts/music using the build in apps.
As such no 3rd party app can use the Bluetooth for any reason. This is a bit sad.
> Also the Bluetooth contacts build in app does not save the contacts locally so they need to be fetched every time the phone connects. As a result when the phone connects the first time while ringing, the app fails to display the contact. This is another point which is not convenient.

In all,
I am very pleased with the unit and considering that i got it as a replacement of the Ddx8026bt which had a cost 3X more than the Pumpkin unit, I am even more satisfied about my decision.

Lastly ,
I would like to ask (as I am a programmer) whether there is a way to request the Tuner app to stop playing (programmatically).
I am asking this as I have developed an app (Launcher) and I would like to turn off the radio when launching other apps.

Thanks
Chris

Jammy

Re: Pumpkin 7" 1024*600 Touchscreen Android 4.4 Quad Core ( RQ0270)

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:12 am

Hi,
Thanks for your experience sharing about our unit.
For the tuner app you mentioned, this unit will automatically switch off the radio when you open and run another default app, such as music player or Bluetooth, no the third party apps.
This is the place which can be improved for the factory technician and developer in the future.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”