RQ0278E keeps forgetting settings

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

adrianS

RQ0278E keeps forgetting settings

Postby adrianS » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:45 am

Hi,

the device keeps forgetting some settings like stored radio stations and that I want to use internet via paired bluetooth device. It does NOT forget some other settings like icons on screen and the paired bluetooth device itself however. But it is really a burden to setup the system each time when starting the car again.

It does not matter to change settings from NAND to USB storage. The device gets no power when car is turn off. I do shutdown the device via power button first before turning the car off.

Is there a solution for the problem (is someone else having this issue)?

thanks
adrian

PS: it is most likely the german -DE edition, but I have not double checked yet.

Jammy

Re: RQ0278E keeps forgetting settings

Postby Jammy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:43 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused.
Regarding your issue, you can install the update firmware to solve it, it's just a system bug.
Here is the link for you.
https://mega.nz/#!QFFV2DqY!SgNvVjn3HxvI ... cr1BPDo304
You just need to download it through your browser, use a SD card or USB stick(not up to 32GB) to copy the rar update file, don't unzip it.
Then insert the SD card or USB stick into the unit, and the unit will automatically recognize it. Please click clear up and ok.
Regards

adrianS

Postby adrianS » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi,

The update of the system itself has worked fine, but it fails to boot now. It has optimized some apps, but is doing now always a hard reset on the same app it seems (87 out of 117 initially). It tries that twice and stays then black.

The update got applied without wiping. I did not manage yet to get into the boot/recovery menu for manual reset by pressing power button at boot time.

Presse help
Thanks

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 am

Hi,
There is not any problem happened when we install the new firmware.
Normally the update will wipe all the cache data and the installed apps, unless you don't choose to clear all data when there is a dialog remind.
So it's a little strange, would you mind take a video to help us check?
And you can update the unit again to check, once you finish the update, please turn off the unit and restart it.
Regards

adrianS

Postby adrianS » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:39 am

okay, I will take a video.

But how shall I update the device when it is rebooting itself during startup? It is not functional atm.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:49 am

Hi,
You can follow the below steps to update the device even if it could not enter the main menu.
Just hold the power button and keep it 3-5 seconds, then release the power button and short press it at once, wait for about 10 seconds, the unit will enter the recovery mode, you can choose to restore the factory settings, restart the system, and update the unit from SD card or USB. Hope some help.
Regards

adrianS

Postby adrianS » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:13 am

I tried to keep the power button pressed for 3-5 seconds at power on. Do I need to do that at some other point of time?

For what it is worth: The radio is just connected to power, loudspeaker and antenna's atm. No CAN bus, USB, sd card or SIM card attached.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:30 am

Hi,
You may forget to short press the power button again, then wait to enter the recovery mode.
And I just got an blurry picture, not a video about how you operate and more details about the problem.
Regards

adrianS

Postby adrianS » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:57 pm

I did not forgot it, but I must have done something else different, since it worked now.

The system is indeed booting again after doing a factory reset (and applying the update again to be on the save side).

However, the original issues like forgetting the radio station settings and the usage of internet via bluetooth device are still unchanged.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:07 am

Hi,
I got your video and checked it, sometime the system takes 3-5 minutes for finish the update and software reinstall.
The factory said that the new update firmware could solve the memory issue, you can install the mcu file, hope it help.
https://mega.nz/#!FE1nCYpJ!fjlun4-L-zrK ... Wjn4OC2n3Q
For the internet via Bluetooth, this unit does not support, and the firmware/mcu could do nothing. Hope your understanding.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”