steering wheel controls

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ovalball

steering wheel controls

Postby Ovalball » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:33 am

I have connected the steering wheel controls and mapped each button and they work fine.However when i return later they hvent been saved and have to do it all again.Frustrating to have to do this every day.I DO press SAVE each time but it doesnt save.

Jammy

Re: steering wheel controls

Postby Jammy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:45 am

Hi, could you please tell us your order number or product SKU?
This information is very important for us to provide you accurate solution.
Regarding your issue, can you please tell us if the unit saved the FM radio station or it will continue to play the music from the USB cable or SD card slot when you reboot the unit?
If possible, would you mind take a video about the problem?
We will try to help you solve it.
Regards

paul_yoo

Postby paul_yoo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:17 pm

I have the model 11-RQ1221E-DE-A with the latest firmware as you can see below:

I installed the unit on the 20th of august, driving without any big problems. But one day suddenly neither the volume control nor the select a number from my contactlist over the steeringwheel don't work.
I made a video to make it more understandable:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/tMA6_zBkFlY[/youtube]

And this was just working fine till that moment.
I can assure that the canbus is connected right, since the control did work till now and the display still turns dark when the headlight of the car goes on.
So what could be the problem and how can it be solved?

Beside this problem, I would like to mention a few more problems, if it's okay. Otherwise I have to open more threads.

Because of the issue with the steering wheel, and I thought it might be a software problem since it had worked, I did a factory reset. After that I can't go to Settings->Factory Settings with "126", only with "m123456". Any known reason for that?

2. On the homescreen there is on the statusbar a button to change between running apps, which is a basic function of android.

But this one doesn't show up when running any app, so it is difficult to switch between apps. The only way is to go back to homescreen and open the other app and vice versa. Would it be possible to make the button always active and to be shown?

3. I have huge problems to get out the radio again. The instruments to take it out doesn't fit and work. Could you give any tips?

Sorry for the many questions, but I am stuck now and don't know what to do anymore.
Attachments
IMG_20160825_202949[1].jpg
IMG_20160825_202949[1].jpg (533.69 KiB) Viewed 2925 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:26 am

Hi,
For the steering wheel control problem, if the canbus has no problem, you need to check these two things. One thing is to make sure the Canbus option set to "NO". The other thing is to check the connection between the little white and blue connector.
The factory settings password is 126, if you could not enter it, please do the factory data reset again, then try to enter the factory settings.
For the status bar to change between running apps, it just show the function you ever opened, you can go to the settings--apps to check the app information and status.
It should not have too much difficulty for you to get the radio out of your dashboard, cause the resemble process is as the same as your original one.
Regards

paul_yoo

Postby paul_yoo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:41 pm

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:10 am

Hi,
For the backlight LED of the button, please first check if you switch on the headlight when you start the car.
Then you can go to the factory settings to check if the "Key light" was selected.
Cause sometime we may forget to click the Apply and Exit to keep this settings.
And you can also find the orange illumination wire from our power cable and near the unit side, then modify it and connect it directly to your car headlight positive pole, don't let it go through the canbus box, though I think the canbus box has no problem, that's just a way to make the button light work as it should.
Regards

paul_yoo

Postby paul_yoo » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Hello Jammy,

the LED backlight was working just fine and I did never took out the unit, so it is neither a cable problem nor a canbus problem. It only can be a problem of the software.
As you can see in the pics, which were taken on following days, out of a sudden the lights didn't go on.

IMG_20160827_082331.jpg
IMG_20160827_082331.jpg (394.69 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

IMG_20160903_122127.jpg
IMG_20160903_122127.jpg (461.61 KiB) Viewed 2893 times

The second pic also shows my settings in factory setting.
What else could be the problem?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:42 am

Hi,
We will discuss this issue with the factory technician, if it's the software problem, we can try to give you the update firmware to solve it.
But you also have another choose, you can take the unit out and find the illumination wire, then connect it to your car headlight positive pole.
Regards

paul_yoo

Postby paul_yoo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:41 am

Hi,
After discussing your issue with the technician, he said that you could disassemble the unit and check the ribbon harness connected to the key board, just unplug and reconnect it, here is a picture for your reference.
1.png
1.png (720.68 KiB) Viewed 2877 times

If you check it with no problem, the unit inside mainboard may have problem, we suggest you return it back to us for repair.
Please contact our customer service or write to "support@autopumpkin.com"
You will get a reply within 1-2 days.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”