7 Inch Quad Core Android 4.4 11-RQ1705-US-A Issues and overall displeasure

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Saltyeddy

Re: 7 Inch Quad Core Android 4.4 11-RQ1705-US-A Issues and overall displeasure

Postby Saltyeddy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Someone saying that a software update will give you more system memory (ram) is either lying in your face or knows nothing about the topic he talks about!

But what did you expect from a radio this cheap with this much features?

Similar radios from Sony, jvc or pioneer costs 2 or 3 times as much! For a reason!

ddelucas

Re: 7 Inch Quad Core Android 4.4 11-RQ1705-US-A Issues and overall displeasure

Postby ddelucas » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm

I agree, I should have spent more money. My expectations are around Android and quality. It's the buggiest Android device I own. Also, all the proprietary apps are junk. In addition to simply not being compatible with many apps that were written relative close to when it was purchased. The other issue is quality. The top inch of my screen no longer accepts touch input, and the audio quality is much worse than any head unit in the same price range I have heard. Lastly, the support is very, very bad. I recently rooted this and put a custom image on it. I wish I did it as soon as I bought it. If it weren't for the screen not working it fixed most of my complaints even on 4.4. The rooted sound driver is a game changer also.

I would buy another one based on the hardware manufacturer and root it from day one again, and be happy with it. But, not from here.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”