non standard bluetooth CN10-...

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

zybrkat

non standard bluetooth CN10-...

Postby zybrkat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:12 am

Hi Jammy,

I have problems connecting via BLUETOOTH with my CN10-....
maybe you can answer this question somehow...

Why is the Bluetooth app experience so different from usual Andriod experience?
Is it a license issue?

My actual problem is:
The "Pumpkin Bluetooth App" will not connect anymore...

I had my phone AND a bluetooth ODB2-adapter connected to the CN10-
the bluetooth symbol in the Android titlebar was always solid coloured --> BT on

after changing the software for the OBD-Adapter, I was trying to re-connect to the adapter, but now I have lost bluetooth completely;
i.e. no bluetooth symbol and no possibility to TURN IT ON again... :-(
The Bluetooth App searches and searches but doesn't find anything.

How can I rectify this situation?

Kind Regards

Jammy

Re: non standard bluetooth CN10-...

Postby Jammy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:21 am

Hi,
please first check whether there are names and pin number in the bluetooth setting page and choose the BC8 as the bluetooth module in extra page.
031501.png
031501.png (33.49 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
031502.png
031502.png (38.87 KiB) Viewed 2229 times

If yes ,you can try to reset the unit by clicking the RST button.
Regards

zybrkat

Postby zybrkat » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:51 pm

I have the Device Name and PIN entered in the appropriate fields;
I also have BC8 selected;
I tried a ReSeT--> I can NOW search and find Bluetooth devices, but not connect "properly" to them

Jammy,
I understand this is maybe a bluetooth stack licensing issue, perhaps you could point me and other users to a bluetooth stack & profiles that works!
even if it may cost money..

I have had connected multiple devices since I've had the head unit, so I know the hardware works in principle!
It IS a software matter.

please help...

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:27 am

Hi,
could you show me an video about this issue so that i can show it to our engineers and try to provide you positive solution.
By the way ,please first tell me your order number in amazon or buyer id in ebay,Pumpkin or AliExpress so that we can confirm more information about your unit and provide you positive firmware you it need .
Regards

zybrkat

Postby zybrkat » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi,
Strange thing, when I wanted to make a video, the Bluetooth App worked as advertised with One bluetooth device, the phone connected.
Thanks for your time. I understand only 1 bluetooth connection to a PHONE is supported.
I still can't callup Bluetooth options as usual in Android Setup, though.

regards

PS
about the firmware:
amazon.de Bestellnr. 305-5199547-9753947

zybrkat

Postby zybrkat » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 am

Hi, all,

Special thanks to Jammy, whose aftermarket support is more-or-less on par (or better) with premium manufacturers. ;) (y)
I believe that others have to decide on licensing issues (re. non-standard bluetooth).

On the otherhand, I believe the CN10- 6.95" Headunit with 2GB RAM Android 7.1 is a great HARDware for the price, and should be supported via software as much as possible.

Unfortunately, the bluetooth connection configuration is non-standard, so probably everything underneath this level is non-standard bluetooth, or is my perception of the situation completely false?
I mean, I've seen quite a few complaints about bluetooth and Pumpkin car radios, and to be honest; it IS an amazing head-unit for the price, but maybe PUMPKIN could license a "proper" bluetooth module for their units.

We "old" users would probably pay a couple or a few dollars for an upgrade.

Jammy, please pass this on to the appropriate office/person, thanks
others, comments requested

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:02 am

Hi zybrkat ,
thanks first. You said you were able to connect your phone in your last post, so i don't reply more.
What more trouble when you using bluetooth ? What do you mean when you said you can't callup Bluetooth options as usual in Android Setup ?
As we are unable to help you solve the problem face by face,so we usually hope you can show us the details about the issue so that we can help you find the positive solution.
Regards

zybrkat

Postby zybrkat » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi Jammy,
again thanks for the personal reply (5* customer service!)

My problem is: the bluetooth configuration is not as usual in System Settings , like WiFi.
Instead the configuration is in an App, which handles phone calls.

I would like to use the head-unit as an OBD Monitor, when driving.
I have tried quite a few ODB adapters, unfortunately, the Pumpkin WiFi adapter did not provide a satisfiying solution, as I want a SECURE and low-power solution, preferebly bluetooth, because:
I would rather connect the head-unit to a better WiFi Hotspot i.E. my phone or anything else with a SIM, (if you know what I mean ;-) )

Thus I hope to connect a known good bluetooth ODB Adapter (OBDLink LX ) to my pumpkin and then use the apps that work on my phone.

regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:42 am

Hi,
thanks for your appreciation.
It seems that it doesn't matter make the bluetooth configuration in system settings or app.The function is the same.
About the OBD issue,did you try using our bluetooth OBD adapter Y0004 or Y0077 ? This two OBD adpters are suit the unit CN10-01202.
Here is an article you can refer.http://www.autopumpkin.com/forum/viewto ... f=14&t=847
Regards

zybrkat

Postby zybrkat » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 am

Hi,
thanks for the amazing support:
In principle, you are right, is shouldn't matter if you set parameters in an app or in the system settings,

I HAVE tried the WiFi Version (Y0077?) and it worked as advertised as a WiFi Hotspot, but I would rather use an other WiFi Hotspot with a SIM Card, and connect to ODB via bluetooth.

Also, I don't want anyone in the traffic connecting/hacking with MY bluetooth OBD adapter!
If you can promise me, this will not happen with the Pumpkin Y0004, then I will buy one.

regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”