[Touchscreen] 2 Pumpkin radio's with the same issues

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ronald16v

[Touchscreen] 2 Pumpkin radio's with the same issues

Postby Ronald16v » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:59 pm

I own 2 radio's of Pumpkin, the first one (E46 BMW 330Ci) is 2 months older than the second one (Volkswagen Golf mk4). They both run Android 5.1 and are having the same bugs and problems.

2 months ago the BMW pumpkin radio started to have dead spots in the touchscreen. A few lines/area's on the screen did not respond at all and now only 1,5cm from the top responds and the rest is dead, so the radio is useless now and I spend about an our to reach the firmware info in the settings menu. Tried a full factory reset/wipe and reset button. does not solve the problem, unplugged the radio and that does not solve the problem either.

Just a few days ago the Pumpkin radio in the Golf started to have the same issues, a few lines of the touch screen are dead. not really annoying but sometimes you need to press a button on exactly that place on the screen. It scares me a bit that this screen will die too same as the Pumpkin in the BMW so I'm looking for a solution.

Another thing. Both radio's are having some strange bugs in exactly the same sequence and time after a full factory reset. The most annoying thing is that the "forward/reverse" button is not working or only "reverse" and after a day or two it does'nt work at all and then de "return" button becomes a "mute" button. Factory reset/wipe does'nt work at a situation like that but I found out that the reset button does the job, works like a charm then for a few days and then the shit starts again. Looks like a firmware bug but still strange that it started after about a year, and again the 2 months older radio started with that problem 2 months earlyer.

The Pumpkin radio in the Golf has a DAB+ module, worked also perfect for about a half year and then it started to hang on the same radio station. You can switch between radio stations, then you see it switching to another radiostation but keeps playing the same radiostation. Does not finetune while driving when that problem occurs and after a few kilometer it stops because it does not search for the nearest DAB+ transmitter. Again the same, reset button does the job and works fine then for a few days when the shit starts again.

But for now the most important thing is the touchscreens. I'm a bit disappointed about that after al the softwarebugs and I'm stuck now with 2 broken Pumpkin radio's just out of warranty...

Pumpkin radio in the BMW 330Ci

Pumpkin radio in the Volkswagen Golf mk4

Jammy

Re: [Touchscreen] 2 Pumpkin radio's with the same issues

Postby Jammy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:00 am

Hi,
About this issue ,you can contact the pumpkin customer service or write to support@autopumpkin.com.
You need to tell them your order number or ebay id so that they can confirm your unit . i suggest you show them an short video to help them understand your query and find the cause.
Regards

Ronald16v

Postby Ronald16v » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:23 pm

I did send a email to support@autopumpkin.com but still no reply...

Ronald16v

Postby Ronald16v » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Still no reply from customer service, even after 3 mails. Looks like nobody cares about the problems with the headunits from Pumpkin.

So now I'm stuck with 2 broken headunits for about 900 euro total.

Nice.....

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:11 am

Hi,
sorry for the late reply due to the Chinese National Day holiday. Now they should response to you .
Regards

Ronald16v

Postby Ronald16v » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Chinese National Holiday is from the 1st of October til the 5th of October. I did send a email on 20 September/23 September and 26 September so I don't know what it has to do with Chinese National Holiday but to me it sounds like bullshit. I don't have problems to pay for some parts because they are out of warranty but even that looks impossible because there is no way to contact them. Even on this forum every post needs to be checked by somebody before it comes up on the forum and even that wil take about a week everytime.

The radio from the BMW is useless for about a month now and the radio of the Golf is getting worser everyday.

The decision to pay a bit more for a Pumpkin radio instead of another reasonable and lower priced Chinese radio was the service from Pumpkin, they where unbelievable quick with answering my questions when I had the plan to buy a Pumpkin radio but it looks like nobody is home when you have problems with it. And another thing, when I start reading on the forum I am not the only one with this and all the other problems so it has nothing to do with age whatsoever.

It's ridiculous that I need to wait for one month to solve a problem. The only thing I know now is that I need to send an email to customer support and I did....

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:13 am

Hi,
very sorry about this.Cause it need to send the new touch screen to you to solve the touch issue ,so you need to contact the pumpkin customer in our shop. If you don't mind ,you can tell me your order number or ebay buyer id so that i can show your issue to the regarding customer service and ask he or she to contact you as soon as possible .
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”