Pumpkin hangs up when engine starts

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Matthias

Pumpkin hangs up when engine starts

Postby Matthias » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Hello,

today I got a RQ0276E (from amazon Germany). I installed it and encountered a big problem.

When I turn the key to "ACC ON" and power on the Radio it runs well, but when I turn the keyy und start the engine the device hangs up : Blank screen, no reaction if I press the buttons or RST : I must remove the power plug to get it back.

It just happens when the Pumpkin is on when the engine starts. When I don't start the engine -> no problem, when I power on the pumpkin after the engine start -> no problem.

Do you have an idea? I assume the reason is a voltage drop during the start of the engine, a reboot would be OK -> but it hangs up.

Best Regards
Matthias

Jammy

Re: Pumpkin hangs up when engine starts

Postby Jammy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:50 am

Hi,
We got the issue feedback from a few of our client, but they said that the unit just reboot when hang up and it worked later.
Could you please tell us what kind of your car?
You can try to use a filter to make the unit get stale the power supply when you hang up the car.
Regards

JoergH

Postby JoergH » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:27 am

Hi Matthias,
you could try something like that:
Gruß Joerg
RQ0268E

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi Jammy and Joerg,

Thanks for your replies :-)

@Jammy: My car is a Mazda MX5 NBFL of 2002.

@Joerg: After some investigation on Sunday I ordered this device, it should be delivered tomorrow. I will report whether it solves the voltage drop problem.

Thanks
Matthias

MiLe

Postby MiLe » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi,

you're sure that 12V and ignition are properly connected?
I set my 276 to 2 hours to standby. When i play around a while with ignition on but motor off and than switch the motor on, there's no problem - the unit stays on without any problem. My former Pioneer F20BT always shut down when starting the engine in the same car, so the Pumpkin seems to be more stable than the Pioneer.
But i've read about some cars wich shortly interupt the current on the ignition and/or 12V permanent cable cable when motor starts to save all the energy für the start. In such a case, a current stabilisation proposed by Jörg could help but needs extra space, work and money.

Matthias

Postby Matthias » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi all,

the voltage regulator fixes the problem. No voltage drop during engine start and further it gives me 4 additional seconds with music after I have removed my key :-)

Thanks to all

Matthias

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”