RD0258 Factory MCU

Technical file download link of PUMPKIN device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
marcioneco

RD0258 Factory MCU

Postby marcioneco » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:01 pm

Hello,

I have an RD0258 unit, which is a caska "ca712-xl7" unit.
The order number is #026-1499378-4313963.

The problem i have is that my unit is stucked on the logo screen, and when i try to install the factory firmware (update.img) file, the screen gets black and didn't show the update image and information, and the firmware is not installed.

Do i need to install the factory mcu in the unit?
Can you please provide me the factory mcu files and the instructions to install them?

Thanks in advance.

Jammy

Re: RD0258 Factory MCU

Postby Jammy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:37 am

Hi,
In another forum, I had sent you the firmware.
If you flash the firmware without success, I suggest your return it back for repair or exchange.
Regards

marcioneco

Postby marcioneco » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Hello,

Sorry, i didn't flash it, i have installed a wrong update.img file :? .
i think it have broken the recovery system, because when i place the sd card with the update.img in the unit, the logo screen disappears, but i only get a black screen :( .

I think i need the recovery system files to run the update.img file. Can you please ask the factory for the files needed to run the firmware install? :(

Thanks in advance

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:09 am

Hi,
Sorry to hear about this.
Could you please tell us if you ever tried to install the right firmware file from us and follow the steps shown in another forum?
Just download the update.img file, and create a empty txt file which names "update.txt", copy them into the empty SD card.
Then cut off the power and turn on again to enter the recovery mode, or you can press the RST hole to enter the recovery mode.
If you try but no effect, the factory suggest you return it back to us. Cause the problem could not be solved by the recovery system files at your side.
Regards

marcioneco

Postby marcioneco » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:26 pm

Hello,

Yes, i tried the last update.img file along with the update.txt file, but now it doesn't work.
Looks like the files are detected, because the logo screen disappears, but no update progress or info is shown, just a black screen.
Looks like the recovery system is currupted.

This is a software problem, there isn't really a way to fix the recovery system at my side? :?

What are the costs of sending the unit back to you for repair, and what's the address?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:08 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the Mid-autumn Festival.
If the problem can be solved by fixing the recovery system as you said, we will give you the solution, but the factory has not provided it to us, sorry about it.
About the unit return details, please contact our customer service or write to "support@autopumpkin.com"
Cause different sell platform have a little difference about return and warranty policy.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “File Download”