Head unit wont boot when it is cold

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
steve_hare10

Head unit wont boot when it is cold

Postby steve_hare10 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Firstly for the benefit of the support team, I have model number KD-C0109 Single Din Android 5.1 Amazon order number 202-3397760-4413162

The weather has been cold recently and it seems that my head unit will not switch on when it is cold. It has not been below freezing temperature, so not that cold. I have to wait at least 30 mins before i can make it switch on. This cannot be right? Please tell me how to fix this.

Jammy

Re: Head unit wont boot when it is cold

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:48 am

Hi,
For the head unit not switching on when it's cold, that's strange, this unit can work under the temperature range which is from -25℃~60℃.
Regards

steve_hare10

Postby steve_hare10 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Well it may be strange but that is what appears to happen? Maybe temperature is not the issue and it is something else, but a lot of the time it will not turn on but later in the day it is just fine.

I am so disappointed with this unit, it has been nothing but trouble and is totally unreliable.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:07 am

Hi,
After discussing with our technician, he said that there is another possibility.
For a few cars, cause it's not good sealing property, in the cold weather, the interior of the car is easy to be moist, so in this situation, the unit may don't turn on and need wait for a while to work again.
For all the issue you had, including other issues you mentioned in other threads, I suggest you contact the amazon platform or customer service to return for a new replacement.
Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.
Regards

the3rdjsn

Postby the3rdjsn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:08 am

I have to agree with the original poster..I live in an area where it drops below 20 every night and in the morning my radio wont start until the car has warmed the inside.

Also its not moisture at all, my car is completely sealed. Its the shitty ass radio and the cheap components.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the Chinese New Year's Day.
For the head unit not boot when it's cold issue, I will feedback it to the factory technician and ask them test the head unit under more cold situation. Sorry for the bad experience brought to you.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”