no power

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
John

no power

Postby John » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:00 am

My lovely wife brought me the Pumpkin Universal 10.1-inch Touchscreen 2 DIN Quad Core Android 5.1 Item Number 11-RQ0265E-UK-A, awesome. I had to purchase a separate ISO cable to join to the canbus plug from my old stereo, I installed in minutes great.!! powered on but nothing, thought may need the remote but nothing checked all the wires which all seem to line up, but noticed on my original canbus plug only 4 wires.
A thick Brown wire which appears to be ground according to my old stereo so this is connected to the Black wire new stereo.
A Red/Orange wire which appears to be live " " " " " " so this is connected to the Yellow wire new stereo.
A thin Brown/orange which is for Can H? this goes to the red wire new stereo
A thin Pink/Yellow/Orange which is Can L? this goes to the orange illumination wire new stereo.
Not sure what Can H & L is? :oops:
I have searched the Webb for wire diagrams but found nothing.
my car is 2006 Seat Altea
as well as all that the plug in mic doesn't plug in to the cable that say mic with the 2 usb cables on it so this needs sorting.
any help would be much appreciated. :(

Jammy

Re: no power

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:29 am

Hi,
With respect of your description, the unit RQ0265 is an universal android unit which does not fit the car with canbus system.
You may need to buy a ISO cable to Seat adapter to make it work well.
Or you can take a picture of your original cable and make it clearly, we will check if there is a special cable that fit your car.
Otherwise, you may loose the original steering wheel control function.
Regards

John

Postby John » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:44 pm

Thanks for the info I have figured that out now however when the unit is on it doesn't turn off I have tried a long press and a short press but nothing happens also the radio is on but no sound but CDs play okay. The Microphone on the unit doesn't seem to work and the external one doesn't fit either and for £283.73 pounds I thought the Sat-nav would be loaded or would get the disc.
Any advice please.
Regards
John

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:00 am

Hi,
Sorry for the delay reply due to the weekend.
The unit will turn off when the ACC wire is cut off with the ignition key, otherwise it will drain the car battery.
The problem may be related to the Canbus decoder you connected, so you can try to follow the below video to connect the unit with a separate power and check if it works well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAlD6LAwXak
For the radio no sound issue, you can enter the factory settings to check the radio option. Normally it's factory default setting without problem.
This unit should come with the external mic, and it has built in mic, if the internal mic did not work well, you can choose to use the external mic.
Regards

John

Postby John » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks for the reply
Okay so I have now taken a live feed from the cigarette lighter and connected the yellow to it and left the red wire at the canbus which connects o the red/orange finally stereo turns on and off.
I now still have problems the radio tunes but no sound comes out.
Can you guarantee if I buy the Dab add on this will work?
Also my remote doesn't seem to work correctly as it didn't tilt the screen when pressed but it changed to bluetooth, I take it the screen is motorised and should be able to angle.
Any advice please

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:20 am

Hi,
This unit can support the DAB+ function, but it's not related to the radio tune, would you mind take a short video to help us check?
You can refer another forum to check if the remote battery is empty or the remote itself is broken.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”