Steering wheel controls

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SpaceMunkeyUK

Steering wheel controls

Postby SpaceMunkeyUK » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:45 am

Hi there, I have installed my Pumpkin stereo and have gone in to the controls to set up the steering wheel controls. Once I have set them all up and the app shows each button is registering I come out of the app but the buttons don't register with music controls. When I power off and come back all the controls have been lost and I have to set them up again :-/ Any ideas what I can do to set up all the buttons, for them all to carry on working, and for the unit to keep them registered permanently?

cheers

Jammy

Re: Steering wheel controls

Postby Jammy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:41 am

Hi,
Could you please first tell us your order number or buyer ID?
We need more product information to provide you positive solution.
Regards

SpaceMunkeyUK

Postby SpaceMunkeyUK » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi Jammy, I bought the unit via Amazon UK, order number was 202-8896033-2117150 and then I bought a steering wheel stalk adapter for my model of car.

I go in to the wheel study app and set up the controls, they are confirmed as working in the app. I then leave the app and open up my music playing app (BlackPlayerEX) and the volume up and volume down work, but the next track, previous track, and play/pause don't work. The controls are then hit and miss if they work or not next time I use the car, sometimes only the volume up button works and has redefined itself as volume down. :-/

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:33 am

Hi,
For the RQ0276, please notice, this unit can only support all the wheel key to work with the default app, not the third party apps, sorry about this.
Regards

SpaceMunkeyUK

Postby SpaceMunkeyUK » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Thank Jammy, no problem about the 3rd party app support, but I program my controls through the key study app, everything works great, but then when I come to my car the next day the key study app has forgotten all the settings and I have to input them all again before my steering wheel buttons work again. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Seems a bit strange I have to reprogram the buttons every time :-/

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:09 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the Chinese New Year's Day.
For the key study app issue, it should remember the programmed steering wheel buttons.
Please check if you click "Save" button when you learn the steering wheel keys on our unit.
Then use an SD card or USB stick to play music, turn off and restart it, tell us if the unit will continue to play the last music.
Regards

SpaceMunkeyUK

Postby SpaceMunkeyUK » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi jammy, hope you had a good New Year.

The music plays fine from where it was left off. The steering wheel controls go messed up though, they go from working fine to volume up becoming volume down and all other buttons doing nothing, even though they are all red in the key study window. They work fine again if I redefine them.

I remember accidentally changing the CANBUS setting in the factory settings, thinking I had to select my model of car, could it be because of this? I can't remember the default option :-/

SpaceMunkeyUK

Postby SpaceMunkeyUK » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:19 pm

If it's any help my car is a Peugeot 307 2007

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:57 am

Hi,
I don't know you ever entered the factory settings and changed the canbus options, please set it back to default "05 GM(Raise)".
Please check if this help.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”