How to root the Android car stereo

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jammy

How to root the Android car stereo

Postby Jammy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:41 am

We have known that some customers want to fully customize their car stereo. This needs to root the car stereo to achieve. After you root your Android car stereo, you gain access to the entire file system, with full admin rights.

Recently, our partner has found a safe way to root the Android car stereo. Actually, it is not necessary for most customers to root the car stereo. So, before you root your car stereo, please think twice. It's always risky to root, and Pumpkin shall not be blamed for offering free root suggestions.

ADB download link: Adb.clockworkmod.com
Needed file: https://magisk.me/supersu/

1: You need to download the flashable ZIP of SuperSU
2: Unpack the ZIP file and find the file "su" in the folder arm64.
3: Copy the file "su" to the folder where ADB is installed.
4: ADB connect [IP-Address of the unit]
5: ADB root
6: ADB connect [IP-Address of the unit]
7: ADB remount
8: [adb disable-verity] <-- only on some devices needed if there is an error message
9: ADB shell setenforce 0
10: ADB push su /system/xbin/su
11: ADB push su /system/bin/su
12: ADB shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
13: ADB shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
14: ADB shell /system/bin/su --install
15: ADB shell /system/bin/su --daemon&
16: ADB push rooting.rc /system/etc/init/rooting.rc
17: After successful rooting, you need to install SuperSU from the market.
18: NEVER!!! Press the Update button in SuperSU, because otherwise, you will run into Bootloop.
19: you need to flash the complete firmware again.

stedon81

Re: How to root the Android car stereo

Postby stedon81 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:56 pm

Jammy,
I want to try to root my head unit (CN03-03101B-01A-DE) in order to get the 4G dongle work.
However, I have following questions before I try it:
a) Is it possible to copy su into different directory? I think GooglePlay refuses to work if it finds a su in system directory. Do you know if this is true?
b) I can't find a "rooting.rc". Where do I get it from? Can you tell me the contents of this file?
c) Why shall I never press update button in SuperSU? What does it do and why does it cause a Bootloop?

Thanks,
stedon81

Jammy

Re: How to root the Android car stereo

Postby Jammy » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:34 am

Hello, stedon81
Thanks for your message
Maybe this way do not fit your car stereo
Best Regards
Autopumpkin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”